Montag, 5. Juni 2017

48

...getting more and more excited about the trip. It somehow feels like kayaking down a river turning into wild water with a gorge ahead you are inevitably drawn into... You are well prepared, you have done this before, you are skilled and able to assess and avoid risks ... but still ...

I have booked my flight to Kiruna and fixed the first overnight stay there.  I have ordered all my trekking meals including breakfasts and energy bars. So next week will see me packing the parcels for my mail drops, ordering books for my e-reader, receiving the very last Calazo map - a map I have ordered ages ago. 

Meanwhile first hikers have started from Grövelsjön. Anna and Ola will start soon. Looking at the photos...there is still so much snow. ... and very soon the snow will turn into water, I guess. I wonder how they'll get along. Thinking of you my fellow grönabandet hikers! Be safe!

For me it is still 6 weeks to go till I leave, but the hike is getting closer now. I look at it with respect, with a certain kind of anxiety and worries on the one hand, with excitement, joy and the pleasant thrill of anticipation on the other. These feelings will only calm down once I have started, I guess. 

There is a to-do-list - last and very last things to do before the hike. Now it is also time to get some physical training with my backpack... just to ease the pain during the first days of the hike. ;)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen