Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017

49

... these boots are made for hiking, the maps for planning and orientation. Actually, I use the maps more for general orientation and as a backup since I go with Garmin Oregon.

Just to get an idea how far it is, just to imagine the distance covered between Treriksröset and Grövelsjön, I drew a circle of 1400 km around my home town Hamburg in Germany. I ended up in Florence, Italy, in Marseille, France, in Croatia - just been there sea kayaking. .... That far? On foot? Shock! Do I really want to walk that far? And, probably more important, ... can I go that far? Will I have the strength, the stamina, will I get along with loneliness? And ... will one pair of boots last? ;) So much doubt where there should be confidence. 
On the other hand ... A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.


Eleven maps - eleven weeks to go!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen