Freitag, 30. Dezember 2016

22

How to get advice ... and feed your imagination.

Once I had started planning to go grönabandet so many questions came up my mind. Though I am not without hiking experience I needed advice of all kind, concerning equipment, the trail, food and water supply and many other things. So I got back into contact with one of the hikers I had met on my summer tour, Svante Sundelin. Svante is at my time of life, he hiked grönabandet from north to south, finished in October 2016. Meanwhile I am in frequent email contact with him. You'll find a lot of useful information on his website:



For further inspiration and imagination on what the trail looks like have a look at the photos of the northern linneas - what a wonderful trail name -,  two sisters who hiked grönabandet from south to north, from Grövelsjön to Treriksröset in 2016. I met one of the sisters - Karin - at Teusajaurestugorna. 
Foto Wikipedia: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linnea
I remember very well ... I had a nearo day, had only walked the nine kilometres from Kaitumjaure and due to an early start had already arrived before noon. So I enjoyed the sunny and warm afternoon lazying on a bench in front of the huts with a mug of coffee just looking at the beautiful scenery... when she came rowing across the lake. She took her time for lunch and - very much to my liking - for a long chat with me before she headed on. What I found out only later ... when I looked at grönabandet website after my trip, both sisters are obviously keen photographers with an eye and an idea of what makes a good photo. So, have a look.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen