Montag, 6. August 2018

112

Day 31  gröna bandet   559.16 km ☁️ 🌧

Pos  N 64 37 145  E 14 16 735
Loc   Camp at bridge 5.5 km south of Väktarmon stugan  at 803 m
Acc   Soulo
Dis    27,34 km
Sta    09.00
End   20.30
Tim    11.30 hrs

Concerning the beginning tendinitis ... it calmed down after I had taken diclofenac and put on Voltaren. So I could reduce the dose to one tablet a day. 👍

Hiking a winter trail in summer...
...is something you can take into consideration, for instance to avoid walking along the road, but ... winter trails are led in a different way. They avoid forestry and rocky areas, go across wetlands, swamps and lakes - all are frozen. They cross rivers. They are marked with the diagonal red crosses, so you have a good orientation. Still you cannot follow them once a lake is in front of you and the next marking is on the other side. 😏Then you have to find your own path around, right or left! Lucky you, someone has been there before. Same with wetlands. Easy to imagine that the trail will be much longer! It’s not only that... the softer the trail, the harder the walk. And sooner or later your boots, your socks and finally your feet will be soaking wet! 
Don’t dare and walk across real wet spots. Well, I did. Too lazy to walk aound! Stupid me! Sank in with one leg, the backpack pushing me into the mud! Had to belly crawl out. I was shocked but safe! No need to describe how I looked. 
Once the direction of the trail changes, there are two crosses on one pole, both showing either direction. If you are too reluctant to observe that - like I did once - just because there is a convenient path ahead of you that you want to follow, you will end up in nowhereland and have to work your way back to the trail! The trail between Gäddede and Väktarmon, the one I followed, was a winter and summer trail according to the map, so there were bridges across the rivers. But in general it was a winter trail. 
Of course, I didn’t reach the hut that evening though I tried hard. Finally, at half past eight, I gave in! After eleven and a half hours walking!

It was also beautiful though... large green wet pastures, wide open views, a terrific sky, reindeer watching me, then running away, splish-splashing water 💦 with their hoofs. I don’t want to miss it. 

Treats along the trail      II - Hjorton
And swamps are where ‘hjorton’ grow, cloudberries. There were so many! Red ones and the ripe yellow orange ones, big ones. They might taste a bit of swamps, as Paul says, but they are also a sweet, sour and refreshing treat, that quenches your thirst for fresh fruit! I ate loads! 
(foto)

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moltebeere

2 Kommentare:

  1. hoffe es geht dir gut. Ja, ohne Blasen gehen - das wär schon was. Weiterhin guten Weg

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, sieht alles ganz gut aus im Moment. Komme voran!

      Löschen