Sonntag, 29. Juli 2018

103



People on the trail - Stig



Stig Nilsson is one of the trail angels gröna bandet hikers like to meet on their way. He - in his mid-seventies - takes care of the Bystuga, the villagers‘ community house at Olden. Local people go there for social events, but also using the sauna, or simply having a shower. Not all (summer) houses in the area have showers. But the house - a former school building -  also offers accommodation, a kitchen, a comfortable living room and a generous terrace! 


Stig is a dedicated follower of gb hikers, follows them online, reads their websites. 

No wonder, he knew about me and my arrival. When I arrived, he was busy otherwise, but had left this welcoming note at the door. So I went in and made myself at home! 
Later he invited me to have lunch with him, managed my washing and gave important advice on the trail. 
... I stayed another day - not only because of the rain. Tack så mycket, Stig.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen