Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2018

97

Day 19  gröna bandet   298,73 km  🌤⛈🌤

Pos  N 63 33 319  E 13 01 624
Loc  Kallrör Gästhem  370 m
Acc  Room
Dis   32.15 km
Sta   08.00
End  20.15
Tim   12.15 hrs

...off the beaten track
The trail from Sölvsved looked great on the map, only a few hundred metres to go cross country near Högvallen. Then a connecting road to the north! My gps trail even showed a continueing trail. 👍
After a coffee and good advice from local people EvaLis and Lennart I hit the trail. Soon the path led me off my gps trail, at an right angle. Shall I follow the path? Or have I missed the gps trail? 
I went back and found a - then - visible path following my gps trail. Shall I go here? I did. Often hard to discover, but exactly on my gps track. It was incredibly difficult to walk though, crossing fallen trees, across swamps, up and down steep slopes. Will this go on for hours? 
A thunderstorm hit and rain poured down. My gps played bingo despite the fact that I had locked the display. 😡
I lost the trail or the faint idea of a path, decided to give up and return. Put gps on trackback!  After the rain I could hardly see the path I had just walked, lost and found it several times. I had to suppress panic taking over. 
It was so a-maze-ingly beautiful around me. So wild and wonderful. Look at that tree lying across the path. Haven’t I seen that before? Oh no, I am following the path in the wrong direction! 

If in danger or in doubt
Run in circles scream and shout!

Well, I found back and decided to follow the road to Kallsedet! Hit the road, Jack. And don’t you look back...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen