Samstag, 21. Juli 2018

93

Day 15  gröna bandet    218,32 km  🌤

Pos  N 63 24 049  E 13 04 669
Loc  STF Åre Torg  467 m
Acc  Room
Dis   42,13 km
Sta   08.30
End  19.45
Tim  11.15 hrs 

Iditarod
42 kilometres - I did not know, I could do that. The one and only marathon I ran was in 2002 - without a backpack. ;) When I started in the morning, I thought it was worth a try. I left with some skepticism though, the backpack weighed 20 kg. But there was not much else, the cap, shorts and a shirt, boots, socks, poles. A sunny and warm day with a little rain in the afternoon. And I wanted to save a day or two. Wasn’t I already five days behind my schedule due to blisters!

I followed the road, tried to keep up up an average speed of 4.5 km including breaks. And by three o’clock I was down at the bridge crossing Indalensälven after 27 km. Only another 15 km to go. Rain forced me to break and I ate something. 
The path along the river became slippery. Of course I lost balance and the heavy backpack knocked me down. Tired and weary I slowed down a bit. Later I followed the road again and finally crept into the station. 
Blisters? Yes, I think, but I’ll check tomorrow! The showers are hot and the sauna is heated ... aahhhh, relax now. 



4 Kommentare:

  1. You are strong Michael! But be careful. For me 42 km is too much on one day. I say that by own experience. Frpm Adolfström (Sjnulttjie) to Ammarnäs 38 km nearly forced me to give up.
    Soon you will arrive to Olden. I hope you will visit Stig Nilsson who lives in Olden. I have a telephone number if you want.

    Try put on some preventive plasters whick reduces chance to get blisters.

    About publishing pictures in your blog: The Blogger app for your phone does not work. Icon is the white B in an orange square. It has not been updated since feb ruari 2016. Instead use the same method as you do at home on your PC in www.blogger.com

    Good luck Michael and take it easy

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hej, Svante, after such a long hike I need to rest, a zero day. So you might as well split it up in two days‘ hike. But interesting to see, I was able to do it!
      To prevent further blisters I regularly put on some special foot creme. Smells of pine trees.

      Concerning the blog, I am using the Internet, not an app. I couldn’t find anything.

      Löschen
  2. toll gemacht Michael, bin stolz auf dich
    kann so gut verstehen dass du das ausprobieren wolltest
    aber quäl dich nicht!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hallo Jutta,
    Ja, ein Mal, musste sein. ;)
    Michael

    AntwortenLöschen